Your Hearing Health
In the United States, hearing loss is the third most common chronic health condition. A very concerning issue is that many people will wait years after beginning to experience the signs of hearing loss before seeking help. Too often people suffering from hearing loss will never seek help! Why can this be so dangerous? Untreated hearing loss has been linked in recent years to many negative impacts on an individual’s quality of life and overall health.
Seeking Help Makes A Difference
Detecting hearing problems early and seeking treatment often results in hearing loss being drastically slowed down and serious health concerns being avoided altogether.
Making an effort to improve your hearing health is a two-part process. Everyone can start with having a free hearing test completed. Medical professionals even recommend that all adults 50 and older have hearing evaluations scheduled annually to monitor their hearing health. This can make a big difference since many people start to experience the symptoms of hearing loss and do not realize the seriousness at first.
Improve Your Hearing Health By Knowing The Symptoms
The second step to focusing on your hearing health is to know the symptoms that you should be looking out for. The most common symptoms associated with hearing loss are:
- Ringing in your ears (also known as tinnitus)
- Increased difficulty in understanding conversations in loud environments
- Problems understanding people over the phone
- Straining to understand higher-pitched voices and sounds
- Difficulty following conversations when multiple people are talking
- Believing many people you talk to are mumbling
- Yelling or raising your voice often without realizing it
- Asking people to repeat themselves regularly
- Misunderstanding and not hearing what others are saying often
Schedule Your Free Hearing Test With Beltone Chicago Today
Call (800) 900-6187 today or use our online form to schedule a comprehensive hearing test. At Beltone Chicago, we are committed to your hearing health and providing the latest digital hearing aids that are customized to your personal hearing levels. Our hearing care specialists will work to find the right hearing health solution for you.